In the last few weeks, the city of Buckeye received three major awards for their efforts in both planning in graphic design at statewide award competitions.
At the annual Arizona Chapter of the American Planning Association Annual Conference, Buckeye’s Reclaim the River; Enliven the Banks El Rio District Area Plan was the winner in the Master Plan/Study category. Project objectives include:
- Preserving and restoring the existing natural habitat areas along the Gila River in Buckeye
- Design recreational opportunities that preserve the environment while taking advantage of waterways and existing trails
- Support a variety of land uses along the north bank of the Gila River, creating a destination place in the city
AzAPA recognizes outstanding achievements from Arizonans who contribute to the planning profession and create positive change in our communities. The El Rio District Planning Area was approved by the Buckeye City Council in August of 2017.
Buckeye’s Communication Department also took home a gold and silver award at the annual Arizona Talent in Event Concepts awards competition for graphic designs. The awards were:
- 1st Place for Best Volunteer Appreciation and VIP Gift for the Buckeye Marathon for the event’s swag bag and event T-shirt
- 2nd Place for Best Merchandise for Sale for the Demolition Derby for the event’s T-shirt design
The AzTec Awards recognizes outstanding examples of festival and event production and promotion throughout Arizona.