NOTICE OF INTENT: to increase or establish new Development User Fees; approving modifications to the Development User Fees previously adopted by Mayor and City Council on December 19, 2017; and vacating the April 1, 2018 effective date; new effective date to be July 1, 2018.
If you’re looking for a permit, you’ve come to the right place. We issue them in accordance with current building code to ensure safe buildings and structures within the city of Buckeye. We are thoroughly knowledgeable of all requirements and procedures you need for obtaining a permit, and we can help you get the one you need.
Almost every kind of building requires a permit. You need one to erect, construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, improve, remove, convert or demolish buildings or structures. Permits are also required for fencing, pools and re-roofs. If in doubt as to whether you require one, please contact the Permit Center:
530 East Monroe Avenue
Buckeye, AZ 85326
Monday through Thursday
7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
If you are a new customer to Buckeye, you will need to create an account. Please follow these instructions to create an account. Once your account is created, please contact us at 623-349-6200 to receive your access code.
Submitting Your Construction Plans
To apply for a building permit, you should meet with a Permit Center staff member at our offices to discuss your project. We review all construction plans to ensure compliance with city codes and federal and state laws and regulations.
After our initial meeting, normal review takes up to 16 working days.
We need the following information to review your plans when you come to see us:
- Completed Permit Application
- Plan Review Fee, if required. Please refer to the Vertical Construction section of the Development Use Fee Schedule. The City of Buckeye accepts Visa®, Discover® MasterCard®, cash, checks or money orders.
The Buckeye City Council has adopted an updated Development User Fee Schedule. These new fees are effective July 1, 2018.
Commercial Permit Submittal Checklists
Residential Permit Submittal Checklists
- Residential Demo
- Residential Fence and Block Wall
- Residential Gas Line
- Residential Patio
- Residential Photovoltaic
- Residential Pool and Spa
- Residential Standard Plan Review
Building Permit Applications And Forms
- After Hour Inspection Application
- Building Permit Application
- Application for Refund of Development Fees Paid
- Fire Alarms Deferred Submittal Form
- Fire Sprinklers Deferred Submittal Form
- Owner Building Form
- Permit Cancellation & Request for Refund Form
- Photovoltaic Panel Policy Modification Form
- Pool Barrier Form
- Re-Inspection Request Form
- Special Inspection Certification
- Special Inspection Request Form
- Truss Calculation Deferred Submittal Form
Other Helpful Information
Download Buckeye Impact Fees
(Resolution 33-14) Effective August 2014
Adopted Development Fees in compliance with State Law