The future of Buckeye is in your hands as the city plans for growth over the next twenty years. Projections indicate the city of Buckeye’s population could increase to over 250,000; adding nearly 100,000 new homes and 78,000 new jobs by 2040.
Although 2040 seems a long way off, it will be here before you know it. That’s why the city is updating its General Plan now, and needs your input to help shape the future of our great city. Please plan to attend one of two workshops scheduled for:
Wednesday, Feb. 15
6 to 8 p.m.
Coyote Branch Library
21699 W. Yuma Road, suite 116
Thursday, Feb. 16
6 to 8 p.m.
Sage Recreation Center, Celebration Hall
26501 Desert Vista Blvd.
Please join us for a public discussion and hands-on exercises that will help shape Buckeye for generations to come. These two General Plan workshops will address:
- Where should growth be targeted?
- How will Buckeye provide police and fire service?
- What type of employment and business should we attract?
- How do we make Buckeye sustainable?
- Should our streets be more pedestrian and bicycle friendly?
- How does public transit fit in to Buckeye’s future?
Children are welcome to attend the workshops and will be able to participate in monitored activities. Light refreshments will also be served.
To learn more about the city of Buckeye’s General Plan, please visit imaginebuckeye2040.com