Household Hazardous Waste

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

If you have a City of Buckeye current solid waste account, you may schedule drop-off of household your hazardous waste at the Public Works office.  The Public Works office is located at 23454 MC 85, Buckeye, AZ 85326.

To schedule an appointment, please call Public Works during normal business hours of Monday - Thursday between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. at (623) 349-6805.  

Click the link to obtain the residential Household Hazardous Waste release form.  Bring the completed form to Public Works when dropping off your household hazardous waste.

Items Accepted:

  • Pesticides
  • Heribicides
  • Fertilizer
  • Paint
  • Batteries
  • Pool Chemicals
  • Cleaners
  • Automotive Fluids (Up to 5 gallons.  Check with local auto parts stores first as they accept oils and antifreezes)
  • Electronics (computers, televisions, radios, cell phones, printers, etc.)
  • Fluorescent Bulbs (Lowes also accepts these items)

Items NOT Accepted:

  • Dirt or Construction Debris
  • Explosives/Ammunition
  • Medical Waste/Needles
  • Nuclear Waste
  • Needles
  • Tires (Maricopa County Transfer Stations accept residential tires)
    • Hassayampa Transfer Station, 32450 W. Salome Highway
    • Rainbow Valley Transfer Station, 17795 S. Rainbow Valley Road

*Proof of current City of Buckeye solid waste account required.  If you are a resident of unincorporated Maricopa County, call (602) 276-7602 for household hazardous waste information.


Download a flyer containing information on the City's trash, recycling, household hazardous waste, landfill, and bulk pick-up services for residential customers.