Recycling cart service requirements:
If you live within incorporated city limits, you MUST have a solid waste account with the City
Your cart must be placed in the street in front of your house (or designated collection pad in Verrado), with the wheels adjacent to the curb, and the lid opening toward the street. Where there is no sidewalk, place the cart within two feet (2’) of the pavement or road.
Do not place your cart within ten feet (10’) of any fixed object or in any manner that would interfere with pedestrians, bicyclists, equestrians, or motorists.
You are leasing one container with one service per collection week; additional containers are available for an additional fee (in-ground service customers own and maintain their own cans).
- Set cart out for collection after 6:00pm on the day preceding collection, but before 5:30 a.m. on the day of scheduled collection; cart must be removed by 11:00pm on collection day
- Recycle: metal (less than 50lbs), paper, cardboard, plastic, glass and cans
- Cart must be entirely closed
- Loosely pack contents – material must fall out of cart easily when serviced by collection vehicles
- Rinse all cans to remove food. Material must be dry and clean to recycle
- Break down and section large cardboard boxes before placing in container
- Place small and loose paper in brown paper bags to prevent spills
- Keep container clean- it is your responsibility to clean the container
- Cart must be stored, between collection days, on the user’s property so as not to interfere with pedestrian or vehicular traffic, and following HOA rules.
- Do not place the recycle cart on the sidewalk
- Do not recycle plastic films/bags in the cart
- Do not use plastic bags to hold recycle material
- Do not overfill the container
- Do not contaminate with trash or yard waste
- Do not dispose of plastic shopping bags or plastic film packing
- Do not dispose of used paper towels or napkins
- Do not dispose of non-recyclable material including such things as: waste food, medical or infectious waste, paint, pesticides, automotive waste, tires, or light bulbs.
- Do not place trash and recycle carts out on the same day
For more information, call Environmental Compliance Officer, Susan Avans, at 623-349-6802.
For more information on acceptable methods of recycling storage, please see Chapter 9 of the City of Buckeye regulations.
To Report Missed Carts on Fridays
Contact Republic Services at (602) 442-5953
All Trash and Recycling Containers Must be at Your Curbside by 5:30 AM on Collection Day.
Trash and Recycling collection occurs from 6:00AM to 5:00 PM.
Customer Service: (623) 349-6100
Solid Waste Division: (623) 349-6800 (Option 2)
Household Hazardous Waste Information: (623) 349-6802 or (623) 349-6805
New customers please click here for important information about your trash and recycling account.