As a City of Buckeye resident, you will receive residential curbside service two times per week; one time per week for trash and one time per week for recycling. Your scheduled service days are determined by your service area. To determine your service area please refer to the Curbside Trash and Service Schedule.
Trash cart service requirements:
If you live within incorporated city limits, you MUST have a solid waste account with the City.
Your cart must be placed in the street in front of your house (or designated collection pad in Verrado), with the wheels adjacent to the curb, and the lid opening toward the street. Where there is no sidewalk, place the cart within two feet (2’) of the pavement or road.
Do not place your cart within ten feet (10’) of any fixed object or in any manner that would interfere with pedestrians, bicyclists, equestrians, or motorists.
You are leasing one container with one service per collection week; additional containers are available for an additional fee (in-ground service customers own and maintain their own cans).
- Set cart out for collection after 6:00pm on the day preceding collection, but before 5:30 a.m. on the day of scheduled collection; cart must be removed by 11:00pm on collection day
- Close lid – lids of containers set out for collection must be entirely closed
- Bag waste – all waste must be bagged and securely tied, including grass clippings.
- Loosely pack contents – bags must fall out of cart easily when serviced by collection vehicles
- Cut loose branches and brush to size- trim these items to a proper length to allow lid to close
- SHARPS – store lancets and needles in a rigid, leak-proof and puncture resistant container. Ensure lid is taped and container clearly labeled “SHARPS” before placing in the cart.
- Medication – prescription and OTC medications should be mixed with coffee grounds or other wet waste and placed in a sealed container before placing in solid waste container.
- Keep trash cart clean – it is your responsibility to clean the trash cart
- Keep trash cart weight under 200lbs
- Cart must be stored, between collection days, on the user’s property so as not to interfere with pedestrian or vehicular traffic, and following HOA rules.
- Do not place trash cart on the sidewalk – it blocks pedestrian traffic
- Do not place trash and recycle carts out on the same day
- Do not overfill cart– overfull containers spill trash on the street
- Do not fill cart with un-bagged trash or yard waste
- Do not flush prescriptions or OTC medication down the toilet
- Do not dispose of hazardous material (paint, pesticides, cleaning products, automotive waste)*
- Do not dispose of fire hazards (hot ashes/cinders, burning matter, loose sawdust, flammable or volatile liquids) in the cart
- Do not dispose of tires or construction/demolition waste in the cart
*For more information, call Environmental Compliance Officer, Susan Avans, at 623-349-6802.
For more information on acceptable methods of trash storage, please refer to Chapter 9 of the City of Buckeye regulations.
Click here for important information about your trash and recycling account
To Report Missed Carts on Fridays
Contact Republic Services at (602) 442-5953
All Trash and Recycling Containers Must be at Your Curbside by 5:30 AM on Collection Day.
Trash and Recycling collection occurs from 6:00AM to 5:00 PM.
Customer Service: (623) 349-6100
Solid Waste Division: (623) 349-6800 (Option 2)
Household Hazardous Waste Information: (623) 349-6802 or (623) 349-6805
Environmental Compliance Officer: Susan Avans, (623) 349-6802
New customers please click here for important information about your trash and recycling account.