The following variables may affect delivery times and dates:
- The delivery schedule of the canal company and its ability to provide water in the canal system
- System capacity (pressure and low capability of pipes)
- The number of active accounts in each subdivision
- Equipment or system tampering
- Main breaks that force the system to be shut down for repair
- Line condition (pipes plugged with roots or debris)
Helpful Tips for a Complete Irrigation of Your Property
If possible, watch your yard as it is being irrigated. Look for any obstructions or resistance to flow. Fill in low spots in berms and grade the property as needed. Ensure the property is ready to safely receive and retain water. Ensure water cannot enter any structures, nearby properties or streets.
- Pets must have refuge from the area to be irrigated
- Trim grass to less than six inches. Doing so allows the irrigator to monitor the flow and depth of water
- Remove items from the yard that may be damaged by water or pose a safety hazard to the irrigator
- Provide clear access to the irrigation valve. The irrigators may actuate your valve by using a small step ladder to reach over a wall or fence from the alleyway. Please ensure the area behind any walls or fences (near the irrigation valve) is kept free of debris.
- The City is not responsible for any damages incurred if the property is not properly ready to accept irrigation.
Please note: The City of Buckeye does not provide flood irrigation services on weekends. Operating hours are Monday through Thursday, 7:00am to 6:00pm.
If you have questions related to your flood irrigation service, please contact the Water Resources Department directly at
623-349-6800 Monday through Thursday from 7:00am to 6:00pm
For billing inquiries, please call our Utility Billing Division at 623-349-6100, Monday through Thursday from 7:00am to 6:00pm.
2015 BWCDD Palo Verde Outage and Dry-Up Schedule
Palo Verde Outage
October 12th thru 24th
November 6th thru 23rd
November 20th thru December 7th
If you have any questions, please call 623-386-2196