Important dates for 2020 Primary Election
UPDATED July 21, 2020 with new dates and times for in-person voting at City Hall.
The Primary Election is Aug. 4 and voter registration closes on July 6. The ballot for Buckeye residents will include the office of Mayor and three City Council seats in Districts 1, 2 and 3.
Here are important dates and links to vote in this election:
- July 6 – Last day to register to vote
- Register online https://recorder.maricopa.gov/elections/registrationform.aspx
- If you’ve moved, changed your name or want to change political affiliation, you will need to update your voter registration
- July 8 – First day to cast an early ballot
- July 24 – Last day to request an early ballot
- July 29 – Last day to mail back your ballot
- Aug. 4 – Election Day
Buckeye City Hall, 530 E. Monroe Ave., is officially designated as an early voting and polling location from July 22 through Aug. 4. The days and hours vary, and include weekends for your convenience.
- July 22 – 23 – 7 a.m. to 6p.m.
- July 27 – 30 – 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Aug. 1 - 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Aug. 2 – Noon to 5 p.m.
- Aug. 3 – 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Aug. 4 (Election Day) – 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the only other in-person location on Election Day in Buckeye is Liberty Elementary School, 19818 W. US Highway 85, Buckeye 85326 from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
To find other polling locations near you on Election Day at https://Locations.Maricopa.Vote
The Maricopa County Elections Department is a great resource to update your address, check voter status and request an Early Ballot - https://recorder.maricopa.gov/elections/
To learn more about this Primary Election and the Buckeye City Clerk’s office, please visit buckeyeaz.gov/government/city-clerk/elections