Building and Life Safety Codes Update
On September 17, 2019, City Council will be presented with the Building and Life Safety Codes updates and request to adopt.
The adopted updates will be effective October 18, 2019.
Any permit applications and plans submitted for the first time to the City for review on or after October 18, 2019 shall comply with the "City of Buckeye September 2019 Building and Life Safety Code Update" provided however:
(a) Residential standard plans submitted for review and approval prior to October 18, 2019 may be designed under the 2012 edition of the City's Building Codes or the City of Buckeye September 2019 Building and Life Safety Code Update; and
(b) Residential standard plans submitted to the City and under review as of October 18, 2019, or residential standard plans approved by the City under the 2012 edition of the City's Building Codes, shall remain in effect until October 19, 2020.
**A complete listing of the current adopted codes can be found at the Development Services Customer Service counter or HERE on our website
Copies of the existing codes are available for public viewing in the City Clerk's office.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Processing Delay due to Software Upgrade
In the coming weeks we will be transitioning to our new permitting software. This new technology will deliver the system modernization the city needs to help streamline our processes by integrating operations into one location while expanding self-service capabilities. During this transition, staff will be temporarily entering applications in multiple programs. As a result, you may notice a longer than normal wait time. Providing excellent customer service will remain our top priority during this transition. We appreciate your patience and understanding and encourage you to contact our staff with any questions.
- If your permit number resembles any of the following: BLD-19-01362, ENG-19-01428, FDP-19-01556 or PLZ-19-01219, please use the SmartGov portal. If your permit number resembles any of the following: BLDR-19-10000, ENG-19-10000, ENGROW-19-10000, FDPR-19-10000 or PLZP-19-10000, please use the EnerGov portal.
- To request an inspection through our new Citizen Self Service portal, you must first register to create an account. For assistance, please contact the Development Services Permit Center at 623-349-6200. We are committed to providing the best service possible, but due to the high volume of inspection requests, we are unable to accommodate AM or PM specific requests. We appreciate your patience during this time of transition.
This division of Development Services inspects construction and development projects within the city to ensure a quality built environment and compliance with city adopted building codes.
- 2012 International Building Code
- 2012 International Residential Code
- 2012 International Mechanical Code
- 2012 International Plumbing Code
- 2011 National Electrical Code
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2012 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2012 International Existing Building Code
- 2010 ADAAG
Note: The codes mentioned above are copyrighted. These can be viewed at City Hall or purchased from the International Code Council.
Inspection Request Portal
If you are a new customer to Buckeye, you will need to create an account. Please follow these instructions to create an account. Once your account is created, please contact us at 623-349-6200 to receive your access code.