NOTICE FOR CHANGES IN CITY OF BUCKEYE DEVELOPMENT PROCESS DUE TO COVID-19 AS OF 4/2/2020
In order to provide a safe working environment for our employees and customers, both Development Services and Engineering Departments have implemented the following:
City employees are still available to assist residents and businesses with planning and zoning, building permits, and engineering services over the phone, email, or through other electronic means during regular business hours, Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. as well as Fridays for inspections.
Visitors and customers may no longer drop-off most materials or obtain permits in person as of April 6, 2020 when electronic submittal, review, permitting, and payments will be fully implemented. Pick up of pending paper comments and redlines or drop-off of pre-recorded plats will be by appointment only.
· For general inquiries via email or phone:
1. Planning & Zoning – email@example.com– 623.349.6233
2. Building – firstname.lastname@example.org– 623.349.6200
3. Engineering – email@example.com– 623.349.6265
· All submittals and resubmittals will be required to be uploaded electronically per instructions listed on the website.
· On-site and off-site meetings will be changed from in person to telephone conference call, go-to and/or video conference and staff will contact you to change as applicable.
- There is currently no change to the inspections process except for enhanced hygiene and social distancing practices.
- Department staff will be utilizing flexible schedules, alternative work hours, and other means that might reduce their availability.
We will do our best to maintain the high level of service that you typically receive, but may not be able to meet all posted turn-around plan review and inspection timeframes.
Please visit our new Permit Center References page to access all Commercial and Residential permit submittal checklists, applications, forms and other helpful information.
Building and Life Safety Codes Update
On September 17, 2019, City Council adopted the Building and Life Safety Codes updates.
The adopted updates will be effective October 18, 2019.
Any permit applications and plans submitted for the first time to the City for review on or after October 18, 2019 shall comply with the "City of Buckeye September 2019 Building and Life Safety Code Update" provided however:
(a) Residential standard plans submitted for review and approval prior to October 18, 2019 may be designed under the 2012 edition of the City's Building Codes or the City of Buckeye September 2019 Building and Life Safety Code Update; and
(b) Residential standard plans submitted to the City and under review as of October 18, 2019, or residential standard plans approved by the City under the 2012 edition of the City's Building Codes, shall remain in effect until October 19, 2020.
**A complete listing of the current adopted codes can be found at the Development Services Customer Service counter or HERE on our website
Copies of the existing codes are available for public viewing in the City Clerk's office.
If you’re looking for a permit, you’ve come to the right place. We issue them in accordance with current building code to ensure safe buildings and structures within the city of Buckeye. We are thoroughly knowledgeable of all requirements and procedures you need for obtaining a permit, and we can help you get the one you need.
Almost every kind of building requires a permit. You need one to erect, construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, improve, remove, convert or demolish buildings or structures. Permits are also required for fencing, pools and re-roofs. If in doubt as to whether you require one, please contact the Permit Center:
530 East Monroe Avenue
Buckeye, AZ 85326
Monday through Thursday
7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Submitting Your Construction Plans
To apply for a building permit, you should meet with a Permit Center staff member at our offices to discuss your project. We review all construction plans to ensure compliance with city codes and federal and state laws and regulations.
After our initial meeting, normal review takes up to 16 working days.
We need the following information to review your plans when you come to see us:
- Completed Permit Application
- Plan Review Fee, if required. Please refer to the Vertical Construction section of the Development User Fee Schedule. The City of Buckeye accepts Visa®, Discover® MasterCard®, cash, checks or money orders.
The Buckeye City Council has adopted an updated Development User Fee Schedule. These new fees are effective July 1, 2018.
Download Buckeye Impact Fees
(Resolution 33-14) Effective August 2014
Adopted Development Fees in compliance with State Law