Building and Life Safety Codes Update
On September 17, 2019, City Council will be presented with the Building and Life Safety Codes updates and request to adopt.
The adopted updates will be effective October 18, 2019.
Any permit applications and plans submitted for the first time to the City for review on or after October 18, 2019 shall comply with the "City of Buckeye September 2019 Building and Life Safety Code Update" provided however:
(a) Residential standard plans submitted for review and approval prior to October 18, 2019 may be designed under the 2012 edition of the City's Building Codes or the City of Buckeye September 2019 Building and Life Safety Code Update; and
(b) Residential standard plans submitted to the City and under review as of October 18, 2019, or residential standard plans approved by the City under the 2012 edition of the City's Building Codes, shall remain in effect until October 19, 2020.
**A complete listing of the current adopted codes can be found at the Development Services Customer Service counter or HERE on our website
Copies of the existing codes are available for public viewing in the City Clerk's office.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Processing Delay due to Software Upgrade
In the coming weeks we will be transitioning to our new permitting software. This new technology will deliver the system modernization the city needs to help streamline our processes by integrating operations into one location while expanding self-service capabilities. During this transition, staff will be temporarily entering applications in multiple programs. As a result, you may notice a longer than normal wait time. Providing excellent customer service will remain our top priority during this transition. We appreciate your patience and understanding and encourage you to contact our staff with any questions.
- If your permit number resembles any of the following: BLD-19-01362, ENG-19-01428, FDP-19-01556 or PLZ-19-01219, please use the SmartGov portal. If your permit number resembles any of the following: BLDR-19-10000, ENG-19-10000, ENGROW-19-10000, FDPR-19-10000 or PLZP-19-10000, please use the EnerGov portal.
- To request an inspection through our new Citizen Self Service portal, you must first register to create an account. For assistance, please contact the Development Services Permit Center at 623-349-6200. We are committed to providing the best service possible, but due to the high volume of inspection requests, we are unable to accommodate AM or PM specific requests. We appreciate your patience during this time of transition.
If you’re looking for a permit, you’ve come to the right place. We issue them in accordance with current building code to ensure safe buildings and structures within the city of Buckeye. We are thoroughly knowledgeable of all requirements and procedures you need for obtaining a permit, and we can help you get the one you need.
Almost every kind of building requires a permit. You need one to erect, construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, improve, remove, convert or demolish buildings or structures. Permits are also required for fencing, pools and re-roofs. If in doubt as to whether you require one, please contact the Permit Center:
530 East Monroe Avenue
Buckeye, AZ 85326
Monday through Thursday
7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
If you are a new customer to Buckeye, you will need to create an account. Please follow these instructions to create an account. Once your account is created, please contact us at 623-349-6200 to receive your access code.
Submitting Your Construction Plans
To apply for a building permit, you should meet with a Permit Center staff member at our offices to discuss your project. We review all construction plans to ensure compliance with city codes and federal and state laws and regulations.
After our initial meeting, normal review takes up to 16 working days.
We need the following information to review your plans when you come to see us:
- Completed Permit Application
- Plan Review Fee, if required. Please refer to the Vertical Construction section of the Development User Fee Schedule. The City of Buckeye accepts Visa®, Discover® MasterCard®, cash, checks or money orders.
The Buckeye City Council has adopted an updated Development User Fee Schedule. These new fees are effective July 1, 2018.
Commercial Permit Submittal Checklists
Residential Permit Submittal Checklists
- Residential Demo
- Residential Fence and Block Wall
- Residential Gas Line
- Residential Patio
- Residential Pool and Spa
- Residential Standard Plan Review
Building Permit Applications And Forms
- After Hour Inspection Application
- Building Permit Application
- Application for Refund of Development Fees Paid
- Fire Alarms Deferred Submittal Form
- Fire Sprinklers Deferred Submittal Form
- Owner Building Form
- Permit Cancellation & Request for Refund Form
- Photovoltaic Panel Policy Modification Form
- Pool Barrier Form
- Pre-Fabricated Truss Design Review Waiver
- Re-Inspection Request Form
- Special Inspection Certification
- Special Inspection Request Form
- Truss Calculation Deferred Submittal Form