IMPORTANT NOTICE: Processing Delay due to Software Upgrade
In the coming weeks we will be transitioning to our new permitting software. This new technology will deliver the system modernization the city needs to help streamline our processes by integrating operations into one location while expanding self-service capabilities. During this transition, staff will be temporarily entering applications in multiple programs. As a result, you may notice a longer than normal wait time. Providing excellent customer service will remain our top priority during this transition. We appreciate your patience and understanding and encourage you to contact our staff with any questions.
- If your permit number resembles any of the following: BLD-19-01362, ENG-19-01428, FDP-19-01556 or PLZ-19-01219, please use the SmartGov portal. If your permit number resembles any of the following: BLDR-19-10000, ENG-19-10000, ENGROW-19-10000, FDPR-19-10000 or PLZP-19-10000, please use the EnerGov portal.
- To request an inspection through our new Citizen Self Service portal, you must first register to create an account. For assistance, please contact the Development Services Permit Center at 623-349-6200. We are committed to providing the best service possible, but due to the high volume of inspection requests, we are unable to accommodate AM or PM specific requests. We appreciate your patience during this time of transition.
The main purpose of the Planning & Zoning Division is to project manage all development proposals made to the city to assure that they are consistent with the community's vision and policies as identified in the city's General Plan and the city's adopted regulations as identified in the city's Development Code. Planning staff collaborates with other departments to ensure that each proposal meets all applicable regulations and facilities the comprehensive process from preliminary and technical meetings through to administrative, Planning and Zoning Commission, and City Council decision. Planning staff also provides front counter customer service on planning and zoning information, zoning plan review on building and landscape permits as well as planning representation on a variety of special projects such as the Land Use Policy projects, Capital Improvement projects, Economic Development projects, Development Code updates, CDBG management, and Transit planning.
- Terri Hogan, AICP, Deputy Director of Planning
- Adam Copeland, Principal Planner
- Ed Boik, AICP, Principal Planner
- Andrea Marquez, Planner II
- Sean Banda, Planner II
- Robert Busick, Planner I
- Keri Hernandez, Management Assistant
For general questions regarding Planning and Zoning, please email us at email@example.com
When are Planning and Zoning Commission Meetings Held?
The city of Buckeye Planning and Zoning Commission meets the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month (excluding holidays) at 6 p.m. in the City Council Chambers at 530 E. Monroe Avenue, Buckeye, AZ, 85326.
Helpful Planning and Zoning Documents
- Planning and Zoning Commission-Current Agenda Material
- Planning and Zoning Commission Meeting Archives
- 2019 Hearing Deadline Calendar
Process Guides, Applications, and Documents
Please use this directory to determine which documents you need to complete your project. If you cannot find what you’re looking for, please contact us directly:
Planning and Zoning
- Commercial Design Review
- Community Master Plan – Planned Area Development
- Comprehensive Sign Plan
- Conditional Use Permit
- Residential Design Review
- Discovery Meeting
- Final Plat
- General Plan Amendment
- Minor Subdivision
- Planning Inspections
- Pre-Application Conference
- Preliminary Plat
- Single Lot Residential Design Review
- Site Plan
- Temporary Use Permit
- Text Amendment
- Temporary Sign
- Zoning Verification