Buckeye Has a Plan for Growth
Through an extensive, citizen-driven effort spanning several years, the city has adopted the Buckeye General Plan, a blueprint for creating America’s next great city. This Plan guides our decision-making as our city develops, with a vision for economic sustainability, proper land use, quality roadways and infrastructure, and sensitivity to protecting our unique environment.
The revised Imagine Buckeye 2040 General Plan update is available for full download:
Imagine Buckeye 2040 incorporates the following plans by reference:
- El Rio District Area Plan
- 2007 Buckeye Municipal Airport Master Plan
- 2017 Intelligent Transportation Systems Master Plan
- 2016 Parks and Recreation Master Plan
- 2017 Integrated Water Master Plan
- 2009 Water Conservation Plan
- 2019 Buckeye in Motion Transportation Master Plan
- 2019 Connect Buckeye Bike & Ped Master Plan
- All Master Planned Communities are also incorporated by reference and can be found on the References page.
Imagine Buckeye 2040 Vision
“Buckeye in 2040 is an innovative, visionary, healthy, and forward-thinking community that is safe and secure with diverse employment, housing, education and business opportunities. Buckeye offers rural to urban lifestyles with a genuine sense of heritage while being good stewards of our natural resources, open spaces and overall quality of life.”