Buckeye Has a Plan for Growth
Through an extensive, citizen-driven effort spanning several years, the city has adopted the Buckeye General Plan, a blueprint for creating America’s next great city. This Plan guides our decision-making as our city develops, with a vision for economic sustainability, proper land use, quality roadways and infrastructure, and sensitivity to protecting our unique environment.
The Final Draft of Imagine Buckeye 2040 is available for full download:
2019 General Plan Amendments
The annual 60-day review period for major amendments to the Imagine Buckeye 2040 General Plan is underway. All comments shall be provided no later than October 21, 2019.
PUBLIC HEARING SCHEDULE
The Planning and Zoning Commission will hold a public hearing on this matter on the following dates. Please note the location for each meeting.
October 22, 2019, 6:00 PM
Coyote Branch Library, 21699 W Yuma Road, Suite 116, Buckeye, Arizona.
November 12, 2019, 6:00 PM
City Council Chambers, Buckeye City Hall, 530 E. Monroe Ave, Buckeye, Arizona.
Final action by the City Council is tentatively scheduled for December 3, 2019. Exact dates, times, and locations will be published according to public notice requirements and on the City’s website.
The City of Buckeye has proposed a major general plan amendment which will update the following aspects of the General Plan:
- The Buckeye municipal planning area boundary is being adjusted to account for overlaps with the City of Surprise and City of Goodyear planning areas. All other figures which illustrate the municipal planning area boundary will be adjusted accordingly
- The Buckeye Airport disclosure area is now illustrated on the Future Land Use Map
- The Circulation Map is being updated to reflect the recently adopted Transportation Master Plan Circulation Map.
- A variety of text changes are proposed throughout the General Plan to adjust land use table data and update language and goals with respect to the Transportation Master Plan and the Bike & Ped Master Plan.
- The Implementation chapter is being updated to identify which tasks are now complete.
- Future Land Use Map/ Planning Area Boundary Map
- Detailed Planning Area Adjustment Map (Surprise)
- Detailed Planning Area Adjustment Map (Goodyear)
- Revised portions of Chapters 1, 2, 3
- Revised Chapter 5 – Implementation schedule
You may leave comments on the proposed amendment using the form listed below or you may mail comments to:
City of Buckeye Development Services Department
Ed Boik, AICP, Principal Planner
530 E Monroe Ave
Buckeye AZ 85326
Imagine Buckeye 2040 Vision
“Buckeye in 2040 is an innovative, visionary, healthy, and forward-thinking community that is safe and secure with diverse employment, housing, education and business opportunities. Buckeye offers rural to urban lifestyles with a genuine sense of heritage while being good stewards of our natural resources, open spaces and overall quality of life.”