NOTICE FOR CHANGES IN CITY OF BUCKEYE DEVELOPMENT PROCESS DUE TO COVID-19 AS OF 4/2/2020
In order to provide a safe working environment for our employees and customers, both Development Services and Engineering Departments have implemented the following:
City employees are still available to assist residents and businesses with planning and zoning, building permits, and engineering services over the phone, email, or through other electronic means during regular business hours, Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. as well as Fridays for inspections.
Visitors and customers may no longer drop-off most materials or obtain permits in person as of April 6, 2020 when electronic submittal, review, permitting, and payments will be fully implemented. Pick up of pending paper comments and redlines or drop-off of pre-recorded plats will be by appointment only.
· For general inquiries via email or phone:
1. Planning & Zoning – email@example.com– 623.349.6233
2. Building – firstname.lastname@example.org– 623.349.6200
3. Engineering – email@example.com– 623.349.6265
· All submittals and resubmittals will be required to be uploaded electronically per instructions listed on the website.
· On-site and off-site meetings will be changed from in person to telephone conference call, go-to and/or video conference and staff will contact you to change as applicable.
- There is currently no change to the inspections process except for enhanced hygiene and social distancing practices.
- Department staff will be utilizing flexible schedules, alternative work hours, and other means that might reduce their availability.
We will do our best to maintain the high level of service that you typically receive, but may not be able to meet all posted turn-around plan review and inspection timeframes.
ELECTRONIC SUBMITTAL, PLAN REVIEW, PERMITTING, AND PAYMENTS
AVAILABLE MONDAY, APRIL 6, 2020
The City of Buckeye Development Services and Engineering Departments are pleased to announce the implementation of electronic submittal, plan review, permitting and payments.
For your convenience, please contact the following people to initiate this process:
· Planning & Zoning: Jason Barr at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Building Permits: Tina Morgan at email@example.com
· Engineering: Lupe Cruz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Below are the summary steps for this process:
1. Depending on your application type, contact the above person to initiate a submittal.
2. You will receive an invite to Microsoft One Drive. Click on the link and you will be sent a code to enter and a folder will be created for your project.
3. Upload your required submittal documents in the folder per application guideline checklist as applicable.
4. Create EnerGov CSS Portal as shown in instructional link. This will be required to pay for your plan review and permitting fees after invoices are generated.
5. After your submittal is uploaded, your project will be assigned to the appropriate Technician. The Technician will confirm when the submittal is complete, process the submittal, and generate invoices. The Technician will email you the invoices associated with your 1st submittal and then direct you to make payment in the EnerGov CSS portal.
6. After payment is made, email your Technician and your submittal will move to the plan review queue in Blue Beam and be assigned a plan reviewer or planner as applicable.
7. When your review is complete, you will be notified via email from your Technician that reviewed documents are in your Microsoft One Drive Project Folder ready to be downloaded.
8. Second and subsequent reviews will be initiated in the same fashion.
Interim Citizen Review Process during COVID-19
On March 18, 2020 Mayor Meck declared a local emergency in response to the COVID-19. These measures were implemented in part to ensure the health and safety of everyone in Buckeye and to properly manage COVID-19.
In response to this declaration, both the Development Services and Engineering Departments have developed a specific continuity of operations plan in an effort to maintain the safety and health of staff as well as a seamless operations during the evolution of the COVID-19 situation. These interim operations have been posted on the Department’s webpages and distributed electronically to the development industry. In further response, the following interim citizen review process will commence effective March 30, 2020 and will cease once the emergency declaration is officially withdrawn.
A.R.S 9-462.03 requires an adopted citizen review process to include the following:
- Adjacent landowners and other potential affected citizens will be notified of the application.
- The municipality will inform adjacent landowners and other potential affected citizens of the substances of the proposed rezoning.
- Adjacent landowners and other potential affected citizens will be provided an opportunity to express any issues or concerns that they may have with the proposed rezoning before the public hearing.
The City of Buckeye’s adopted Citizen Review Process is contained in Article 8 of the 2010 Development Code and is required for the following applications: General Plan Amendments, Specific Area Plan Amendments, Development Code Amendments, Rezoning, Community Master Plans, Planned Area Developments, and Conditional Use Permits. This process shall continue to be followed except that a neighborhood meeting as noted in Section 8.2.2 will not be required. Instead, applicants shall notify residents in the same fashion listed with a summary of the application materials and be given a contact phone number, email and mailing address to express any issues or concerns that they may have for the application. The summary of this information shall be provided to the Development Services Department as currently required.
NOTICE OF ADOPTION
The City of Buckeye released to the public, pursuant to A.R.S. §9-463.05, its proposed Land Use Assumptions (the “LUA”) and the Infrastructure Improvements Plan (the “IIP”) by providing notice of the availability of the LUA/IIP for public review and posting the LUA/IIP on the City’s website. The proposed LUA/IIP was approved and adopted by the Mayor and City Council on January 7, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers, 530 East Monroe Avenue, Buckeye, Arizona.
Copies of the Impact Fee documents and presentation are available for public viewing in the City Clerk's office and the Development Services counter.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Processing Delay due to Software Upgrade
In the coming weeks we will be transitioning to our new permitting software. This new technology will deliver the system modernization the city needs to help streamline our processes by integrating operations into one location while expanding self-service capabilities. During this transition, staff will be temporarily entering applications in multiple programs. As a result, you may notice a longer than normal wait time. Providing excellent customer service will remain our top priority during this transition. We appreciate your patience and understanding and encourage you to contact our staff with any questions.
- If your permit number resembles any of the following: BLD-19-01362, ENG-19-01428, FDP-19-01556 or PLZ-19-01219, please use the SmartGov portal. If your permit number resembles any of the following: BLDR-19-10000, ENG-19-10000, ENGROW-19-10000, FDPR-19-10000 or PLZP-19-10000, please use the EnerGov portal.
- To request an inspection through our new Citizen Self Service portal, you must first register to create an account. For assistance, please contact the Development Services Permit Center at 623-349-6200. We are committed to providing the best service possible, but due to the high volume of inspection requests, we are unable to accommodate AM or PM specific requests. We appreciate your patience during this time of transition.
Buckeye's Engineering Department is dedicated to providing high quality and prompt engineering support to the city’s residents, business community, development partners and other city departments. The Engineering Department seeks to provide professional engineering services and recommend cost effective engineering solutions associated with the planning, design, construction and administration of municipal infrastructure projects.
The Engineering Department is responsible for Design and Construction Standards, plan review, permitting and inspection of all infrastructure improvement projects within the city of Buckeye.
Administration Phone: 623-349-6206
Submittals Phone: 623-349-6213