The World Health Organization has declared the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation a global pandemic. Buckeye is preparing and implementing necessary precautions now.
What Buckeye is doing to prepare
To ensure the health and safety of all Buckeye residents and employees, the following measures are being implemented immediately:
- City events with large attendance are being evaluated for rescheduling or cancellation
- Here is a list of all city facilities and programs programs that have been canceled or postponed.
- Each city department is responsible for disinfecting their common areas every few hours such as:
- Conference rooms
- Elevator buttons
- Door knobs
- All air travel plans are cancelled until further notice
- Trash, water and sewer services will not be impacted
City Directors are creating a staffing contingency plan to ensure the city can still operate with minimum staffing, if necessary. Each department’s plan will be catered to the needs of their customers.
- Buckeye has an Emergency Operations Plan to address possible emergency response needs and provide the necessary resources to assist
- Buckeye is monitoring the situation and receives regular updates from Maricopa County Department of Public Health
Resident electronic portals
The city of Buckeye offers its residents many electronic portals to conduct routine business and cut down on any unnecessary office and City Hall visits. Important links include:
- Online Bill Pay
- Apply for a Business License
- Community Facilities District (CFD) Payment
- Employment Opportunities
Tips to stay healthy
Helpful habits that should be taken into consideration for all residents and employees:
- If you are sick, please stay home
- Wash your hands frequently for 20 seconds and use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
View a list of Frequently Asked Questions and discover more ways to get involved and help our community through this tough time.