The Human Resources department is focused on serving the citizens of Buckeye by developing strategic partnerships with our internal and external customers. We are committed to excellence in ensuring the safety of our community and promoting quality of life for our citizens. This is achieved through our talented workforce who we value as our greatest asset.
We foster a culture the embraces the 5C’s where individuals:
- Thrive in our culture of promoting open communication, teamwork, continuous improvement, and employee development
- Are proactive, collaborative, forward thinkers who embrace a dynamic and changing environment
- Exhibit pride and passion in providing exceptional customer care to our citizens
Our department primary services include:
- Talent Acquisition
- Employee Development /Training
- Employee Relations
- Labor Relations
- Policy Administration
- Legislative Compliance
- Risk Management / Safety
- Passport Acceptance
- Please see our Passport Page for more information.
Employee Self Service (ESS)
By applying with the City of Buckeye, you are accepting our culture and expectations should you become an employee of the City of Buckeye. The City of Buckeye’s 5C’s Culture is embraced by its employees and the shared values they exhibit. It is displayed every day in the employee’s pride in service, customer focus, and collaborative relationships
|Customer Care||It’s all about our internal and external customers. A positive, proactive, can-do attitude with everyone working together to exceed customer expectations.|
|Communication||Includes the words we say, our tone of voice, and body language. It also includes active listening, information sharing, and leading-by-example.|
|Continuous Improvement||Is being proactive and creative in improving our processes, our services, and ourselves. It’s about the pursuit of excellence, forward thinking, and empowering decision making at the lowest possible level.|
|Cohesive Teams||Means working as one team with everyone sharing the same vision. It’s encouraging cross-department collaboration, removing barriers, promoting open dialogue, and a shared vision and purpose.|
|Celebrate||Is displaying pride, spirit, and passion in who we are and what we do. It’s about employee engagement, expressing appreciation of others, recognition, and celebrating both big and small successes together.|
- Do your job well: be competent, be responsive.
- Provide good customer service: be timely, be accommodating.
- Keep your supervisor informed
- Be fiscally responsible: use resources wisely, find alternative resources.
- Work well with others: keep others involved, keep others informed.
- Treat everyone with respect.
Together the 5C’s Culture and City Expectations create a work environment of integrity, trust, and respect; a work environment that values our employees as its greatest asset.