Notice: In response to the coronavirus COVID-19 we will not be issuing marriage licenses or performing wedding ceremonies until further notice.
This court is only able to process marriage license applications. Requests for certified marriage certificate and certified marriage abstract must be submitted to the Clerk of Court for Maricopa County.
Information & Instructions
- Marriage licenses are issued Monday-Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Both parties must be present in order to obtain a marriage license.
- Each party is required to provided a valid government-issued photo identification, such as a driver's license, passport or military I.D. to show proof of age and confirm identity.
- Per Arizona Revised Statute 25-121(B) applicants are required to provide their social security number (SSN), if any.
- You will receive your marriage license on the same day you apply for the license.
- You will have up to one year from the date the marriage license was issued to get married, as the license expires one year from the date of purchase.
The fee for a marriage license is $83.00. This fee is payable by cash, credit card or money order, personal checks will not be accepted. Notice: This court does not accept pre-payment for any certified copies.
Our presiding Judge is available to perform ceremonies based on availability and upon request. This service is provided free of charge, and you must contact the court to check for availability and to schedule an appointment.
(Haga clic en "TRANSLATE" para obtener esta información en Español)