Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
  • Fire

    • Can Buckeye Fire fill my pool?

      No, we do not provide this service.
    • Can I schedule a fire station tour?

      Yes. Please complete the online request form.
    • Can I schedule a fire truck or a firefighter at my school or community function?

      Yes. Please complete the online request form.
    • Can the Fire Department remove bees?

      If the bees are a threat and have started to sting,please contact 911. If you have a bee hive, please contact a local bee removal company to assist you.
    • Does Buckeye Fire install car seats?

      Yes and No. We recommend that you contact your local hospital or doctor’s office for suggestions on where to get a\car seat check if you require one on short notice (less than 2 weeks). Currently, the Fire Department has one certified car seat installation expert and so it takes approximately 2 weeks to get an appointment. Please call (623) 349-6700.
    • Does Buckeye Fire offer children immunizations?

      We do not provide immunizations. For further information contact Buckeye Valley Fire District at 623-386-5906.
    • Does the Fire Department help citizens move?

      No, the Fire Department does not offer moving services.

    • How can I arrange a ride-along?

      If you would like to ride along and you are over the age of 18, please complete the following request form.
    • How do I find out if today is a no-burn day?

      The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality-Air Quality Division governs whether or not a day is designated as a no-burn day. You can visit the following website:
    • How do I request a fire incident or medical report?

      To receive a copy of a fire incident report or medical report, please complete the online request form.
    • How do I request information or send a referral regarding the youthfiresetter program?

      To request additional information or submit a referral, please complete the online request form. You can also visit the Fire Medical Rescue Department Programs Page (INSERT LINK) for more information regarding this program.
    • How do I schedule a fire inspection?

      Contact Development Services at (623) 349-6200. Homeowners and contractors may also schedule an inspection, using the web based Permit Portal Access to apply for, obtain, and track current permit status and/or inspection information.

      Be sure to provide the address and permit number with any inspection request. If any inspection is made and the work not approved, the applicant must make the necessary corrections prior to the commencement of any additional construction activity. Construction work may be stopped at any time for non-compliance to codes and/or approved plans.

      The applicant is responsible for requesting all required inspections, at least 24 hours in advance. For more information, please contact our Fire Marshal, Nate Ryan at 623-349-6759.

      You can also visit the inspection portal to enter the Online Permit Center.

    • How does my club or organization arrange a tour of the fire station?

      Please complete the online services and event request form.
    • I am concerned about a neighbor burning material on his or her property? What can I do?

      If you are concerned about a potential emergency or safety hazard, please contact 911. However, if you would like to file a complaint, you need to contact Arizona Department of Environmental Quality's Air Quality Complaint Hotline at 602-771-2286.  You can call in a complaint or file a complaint online.
    • I'm confused. Are Buckeye Fire and Buckeye Valley Fire District the same?

      No, we are not. Buckeye Fire-Medical-Rescue Department is a full time department providing services to the City of Buckeye. Buckeye Valley Fire District focuses on the rural areas of Buckeye, although both departments often work at the same scenes together providing a high quality service.
    • My smoke detector is beeping... What does that mean?

      A smoke detector will beep or "chirp" once every minute or so when the batteries need to be changed. Alarms should be checked every month to make sure they are working. Also plan on once a year changing the batteries and removing the dust off the detectors. If you have changed the batteries and cleared the dust from your detectors and they are still beeping, you can call the Fire Administration at 623-349-6700 for additional assistance.
    • What is the Protection Class Rating for my home?

      The City of Buckeye ISO Rating is a 2. If you live outside the City limits, or you live in an unincorporated part of Buckeye, please contact your local Fire Service provider for information about your rating.
    • When will Buckeye Fire behiring again?

      We strive to keep an active list -be sure to look at our webpage for when new positions will be posted.
    • Where can I get my blood pressure checked?

      Blood pressure can be checked at any of the fire stations when a crew is there. Please visit the Station Location page on our website to find out which fire station is closest to you.
    • Where do I call to get CPR classes?

      The Fire Departments does not provide CPR Classes. You can contact the Buckeye Recreation Center for information regarding their CPR Classes at 623-349-6350.
    • Why do firefighters hang out in grocery stores? Are we paying for their food?

      Firefighters are required to pay for their own meals. To make meals economical, they will go to the grocery store in their area and shop for lunch and dinner.
  • Fire Prevention

    • Are deferred submittals required for Fire Plans review?

      Deferred submittals are required for the following:

      1. Automatic Fire Sprinkler System –Systems with 20 or more heads are required to be monitored. Systems with less than 20 heads MAY be required to be monitored.
      2. Automatic Fire Alarm Systems must be monitored by an approved third party. Tenant improvements to shellrequire individual monitoring.
      3. Commercial Kitchen Hood Suppression systems.
      4. Special Fire Suppression Systems (i.e., FM200 / UL300 systems)
      5. Plans are required to be designed by a NICET III or IV stamped, signed, or Fire Protection Engineer sealed and signed


    • Are fire flow tests required to be witnessed by the Fire Department?

      Flow tests are required to be performed by a qualified company and/or individual AND witnessed by a Fire Department representative. Please contact Nate Ryan, Fire Marshal, at (623) 349-6759, to schedule a flow test.

      Please note: a permit, including a fee, is required to prior to performing this test. Please contact Development Services Permitting at (623) 349-6200 to obtain a permit.

    • Are residential care facilities required to have an Automatic Sprinkler System installed?

      All Residential Care facilities are classified as an R-4 occupancy and are required to have Automatic Sprinkler System installed (Modified 13D).

      Contact the Nate Ryan, Fire Marshal, at (623) 349-6759 for additional requirements.

    • How do I find out if today is a no-burn day?

      The Arizona Department of Environmental Quality-Air Quality Division governs whether or not a day is designated as a no-burn day. Please visit: more information.

    • To what codes are the installations of above or underground LPG Tanks required to conform?

      Installations of all portable, above ground or underground LPG tanks at a minimum will conform to the following:

      1. The 2012 International Fire Code
      2. The 2012 International Fuel Gas Code
      3. The 2011 edition of NFPA 58–Liquefied Petroleum Gas Code
      4. Underground tanks shall not be buried until inspected and approved for burial by the Buckeye Fire Department

      Contact Nate Ryan, Fire Marshal, at (623) 349-6759 for additional requirements.

    • What are the plan review fees for Fire Department permits?

      For current fees, please contact Community Development Permitting at (623) 349-6200. To schedule a Fire Department inspection, click the link below to visit the Permit Center. City of Buckeye Online Permit Center.