Last updated: May 13, 2020
Parks & Recreation
The following information is in place to help answer any remaining unanswered questions you may have in regards to parks, facilities, recreation programming, special events and sports leagues. Additional information will be released as it develops. Thank you for your support and understanding during this time.
What facilities are closed to the public?
- Coyote Branch and Downtown Libraries are closed until further notice.
- Dr. Saide Recreation Center is closed until further notice. Staff is answering phones and emails
- Senior Center is closed until further notice. Meal delivery and medical transportation will continue as schedule.
- All Kids BASE & Lil' Squirts sites are closed until further notice.
- Sundance Dog Park
- Buckeye Skate Park
- All City Playgrounds & Parks (Sundance, Earl Edgar, Kell, Serena and Town parks)
- Sport fields
- Basketball and Volleyball courts
- Buckeye Aquatic Center
How long will the facilities be closed?
Because this is very fluid, we do not have dates set to reopen. As materials and information develops we will be able to better understand how long the closures will take place. Be sure to check emails and the city website regularly for live updates.
What parks & facilities are open to the public?
Skyline Regional Park is open to the public, however public access to the restrooms is not available and all programming held at this location has been canceled during this time.
Is the pool open?
No, the pool is currently closed. The city’s Community Services Department is currently developing a plan to safely open and operate its pool and summer programs later this summer, while following federal guidelines. Please check back for open date.
What services are still available at the Buckeye Senior Center?
- For non-emergency, essential medical transportation inquiries, call 623-349-6618
- Grab-and-Go meals are available for curbside pick-up Monday -Friday (10:30a.m.-11:30a.m. at the Buckeye Senior Center 201 E. Centre Ave.)
- Weekend meals also available
- Home delivered meals are provided to persons that are unable to leave home.
- Please contact us at 623-349-6607 for information on scheduling deliveries. We strongly encourage those who are in need to also contact the Area Agency on Aging Senior Help-Line at 602-264-4357 for further assistance.
Can I still hike at Skyline?
Yes, however public access to the restrooms and water fountains will not available during this time.
Am I able to make a reservation at a park, facility or campsite?
We are not accepting reservations at this time.
Can I make a field reservation?
At this time, we are not accepting any future reservations to limit social visits and public gatherings.
Is the dog park open?
At this time, the dog park is closed to the public in following the CDC guidelines.
Is the skate park open?
No, at this time it is closed.
How do I know if the class that I registered for is cancelled or postponed?
An email was sent by the recreation coordinator to all affected households notifying of the changes that were taking place per class. Below is a list of classes that will be affected:
- Tennis - Full Credit
- Dance - Prorated Credit
- Gymnastics - Prorated Credit for Spring Session #1, Full Refund Credit for Spring Session #2
- Martial Arts - Prorated Credit for March, Full Refund Credit for April
- Babysitting - Full Credit
- CPR - Full Credit
Are Spring Youth Sports canceled?
Yes, Spring Youth Sports has been canceled. Notification has been communicated via email with all households affected. If you have not received an email by March 20, 2020, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am a coach for the Rec. youth sports league, can I still hold practice?
No, all practices and league play has been canceled. As materials and information become available we will update coaches and participants. For up to date information please check the website at www.buckeyeaz.gov.
How do we know we are getting a refund?
Credit refunds will be issued if you are currently registered in a class, program or league that has been canceled. This refund will acts as a credit which can be utilized toward future parks and recreation programs. Notification has been communicated via email with all households affected. If you prefer a refund rather than credit form, please contact us via email at email@example.com by March 29, 2020 at 6p.m.
My child(ren) are enrolled in Lil’ squirts and Kids’ B.A.S.E. do I need to complete a change of contract since school has been cancelled? Will my account be billed during this time?
No, all billing has been suspended. These programs will resume once it is safe to do so and will follow the information from the Buckeye Elementary School District.
Is there an alternative for the recreation center’s afterschool snack?
Yes, check out local resources provided by Buckeye Elementary School District (B.E.S.D.) that is providing food services during the closure. Visit their web for more info https://besd33.org/coronavirus/
What special events have been cancelled?
Special events scheduled through May 2020 have been cancelled.
What if I applied for a summer position?
As of right now, summer hiring is still moving forward. All eligible candidates selected for an interviewed will be notified and will have a phone or virtual interview.
Are we still open to answer questions?
Yes, front office staff and coordinators are available from 8am-5pm to answer all questions via phone or email. You can contact us at 623-349-6350 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Where can I get up-to-date and accurate information on COVID-19/Coronavirus?