For health & safety reasons, Buckeye is taking steps to prevent exposure to COVID-19.
All Parks and Recreation programs have been canceled until further notice and the Dr. Saide Recreation Center is also closed. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for understanding.
1003 E. Eason Avenue Buckeye, AZ 85326
Phone: (623) 349-6350
Hours of Operation
Closed until further notice. Front office staff and coordinators are available from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. to answer all questions via phone or email. You can contact us at 623-349-6350 or email@example.com
The Dr. Saide Recreation Center hosts a variety of classes, programs and activities, including the Lil’ Squirts Preschool Program, dance classes, karate classes, cooking classes and teen programming.
Drop Zone @ The REC
The Drop Zone @ The REC is the hottest after school hangout in town. The teen lounge features a pool table, foosball, ping pong, gaming systems, public computers, and for something retro, those classic board games. Drop by the Drop Zone after school from 3-7 p.m., August through May, 2-7 p.m. on Wednesdays. Summer hours the Drop Zone is open for teens from 2–7 p.m., May through August. Free weekly activities are a drop-in based. Come on out and join in the fun!
FREE Weekly ActivitiesFor information on field trips, workshops and anything else happening at the Drop Zone, refer to the quarterly brochure, call 623-349-6350 or come in and see us!
Mondays: Tabletop Tourneys @ 4 p.m.
- Weekly tournaments will rotate among various lobby games.
- Ages 11-17
Tuesdays: Teen News Broadcasting @ 4 p.m.
- Do you like acting, broadcasting, or editing? The Rec. Center would like to start making their own commercials and videos for programs in the City of Buckeye. Join the team and take Buckeye to higher heights! No experience needed.
- Ages 10-17
Wednesdays: Arts and Crafts @ 4 p.m.
- Put your art skills to work while hanging out with your peers.
- Ages 9-17
Thursdays: Cooking Class @ 4:30 p.m. (4 p.m. during the summer months)
- Learn how to make a new dish every week!
- Ages 9-17
Fridays: 3 on 3 B-ball @ 3:30 p.m.
- Got skills? Bring ‘em to our court!
- Minimum of 8 teams required for tournament.
Fridays: Dodgeball @ 6 p.m.
- Dodgeball Tourneys every other Friday
- Drop-in play