Special Event Permit Application

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Event Permits

City of Buckeye Special Event Permit and Application

We want to permit safe events that do not adversely affect the quality of life for Buckeye residents.  If you’re planning a special event, you may be required to complete a Special Event Permit Application and an Arizona Department of Liquor Licenses and Control Application for Special Event License. We’re here to help, not only with getting the permit, but also with coordinating your plans to meet City regulations. To help make sure your event goes off without a hitch, your application will be reviewed by appropriate City departments, including Public Works, Streets, Police, Fire, Community Development and Risk Management.

Do You Need a Special Event Permit for That?

Generally, Special Event Permits are required for any scheduled outdoor public gathering involving the use of, or having an impact on public property, facilities, parks, streets, sidewalks, rights-of-way, vacant land and parking lots.

This includes:

  • Events with outdoor amplified sound
  • Events that have impacts on nearby residents and businesses
  • Events that require street closures

You Don't Need a Special Permit for That

The temporary use of private property in a manner that varies from its current land use may require a temporary use permit. Examples may include weddings, funeral ceremonies, elections, private yard sales, bake sales, Christmas tree and pumpkin sales, lot car washes and activities such as retail sales promotions.

These examples do not require a special event permit; however they may require a Temporary Use Permit or other related permits from the Development Services Department. View the Temporary Use Permit Process Guide for additional information.

For questions regarding the City of Buckeye’s Social Host (10-1-15), Block Parties within City limits and Noise Ordinances (10-1-2) contact the Buckeye Police Department at (623) 349-6400.

Send Your Permit Application Here

If you are interested in having a special event in the City of Buckeye, please complete the entire Special Event Permit Application and submit along with payment to:

City of Buckeye Community Services Department
Attention: Phil Yabes
201 E. Centre Avenue
Buckeye Arizona 85326

Please keep in mind we will need to review the application before granting a permit. Submitting the application should in no way be construed as final approval or confirmation of your request.

Questions About Special Events Permits?

Please contact Phil Yabes at 623-349-6604 or e-mail

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer