Please note: Executive Order 2020-12 from Governor Ducey declares public works activities, including trash collection, to be essential services.
Trash collection schedules shall continue without interruption.
NOTE: BULK TRASH SERVICES HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED DUE TO THE CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK. RESIDENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED AS SOON AS BULK TRASH PICK-UP RESUMES.
If you have bulk trash needs, please see below regarding the landfill.
Bulk trash service is provided four times per year.
Find your collection zone and date in the 2020 Bulk Trash Schedule.
- In front of your home, on your property, in a neat pile
- Bulk pile may be six feet long by six feet wide by six feet high (6' x 6' x 6')
- Bulk items may be parallel to the street on your property; not on sidewalk, street, or alley
- Bulk items should be more than five feet from any fixed object (electrical boxes, mail boxes, poles, etc...)
- Bag all small items
- Cut branches to 3 foot lengths and bundle (stack and tie)
- Bundle (stack and tie) all landscaping waste
- Bulk may be placed the weekend prior to collection
- Bulk must be placed before 5:30 a.m. on the pick-up day Items placed late will not be collected.
- See diagram for details
- Bulk Trash Safety and Inspection information
- Tips for residents in Verrado alley service.
Bulk Trash Service Requirements
A solid waste account with the city of Buckeye is required for each household located within the corporate city limits.
City staff work hard to help keep Buckeye clean, including educational reviews to ensure trash storage follows health laws. We need your help to ensure service is not interrupted. Keep unaccepted items out of the bulk trash pile. Unacceptable items include:
- Household Hazardous Waste (paint, chemicals, oil, batteries)**
- Infectious or medical solid waste, sharps (needles), and medicines
- Automobile parts or metal over fifty (50) pounds
- Tires (take to county transfer station)
- Glass (windows, shower doors, patio doors, mirrors, etc...any glass that is not boxed)
- Bricks, concrete, dirt, rocks, asphalt, roofing or similar materials
- Whole or un-bundled* bushes or trees, or loose grass and clippings
*bundled means stacked and tied
Download a detailed flyer on the city's trash, recycling, household hazardous waste, and bulk trash collection services.
For more information, please call 623-349-6100.
Too Much Trash?
If you have more bulk trash than will fit in the allowable pile, you are responsible for disposing of the extra waste. You may use the Southwest Regional Landfill or call Republic Services.
Landfill: Buckeye residents receive a special rate at the landfill located on the east side of State Road Hwy 85 at 24427 S State Road 85, Buckeye, AZ 85326. There is a small fee which covers the first 600 pounds. Additional weight may incur an additional charge. Remember to bring your Trash Service bill to show proof of residency and a current trash service account.
Self Scheduled Collection: Buckeye residents may contact Republic Services directly to set up collection of bulk trash at your house. The cost for this service is $145.00 and is paid to Republic Services. Call 602-455-3353 for more information and/or to schedule this service.
To Report Missed Collection
- Monday through Thursday, please call 623-349-6100
- Friday, please contact Republic Services at 602-442-5980
- Place bulk trash at the front of your property as early as the weekend before collection, but no later than 5:30 a.m. on your collection day.
- Collection occurs from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Follow these links to learn more useful information about Solid Waste and Recycling services: