Bulk trash service is provided on a quarterly basis, or four times per year.
- In front of your home, on your property, in a neat pile
- Bulk pile may be six feet long by six feet wide by six feet high (6' x 6' x 6')
- Bulk items may be parallel to the street on your property; not on sidewalk, street, or alley
- Bulk items should be more than five feet from any fixed object (electrical boxes, mail boxes, poles, etc...)
- Bag all small items
- Cut branches to 3 foot lengths and bundle (stack and tie)
- Bundle (stack and tie) all landscaping waste
- Place bulk trash the weekend prior to your collection day
- Bulk must be placed before 5:30 a.m. on the pick-up day. Items placed late will not be collected.
- See diagram for details
- 2019 Bulk Trash Schedule
- 4-page informational flyer
- Tips for Residents in Verrado
New Bulk Trash Schedule begins January 2020. Find your zone in the 2020 Bulk Trash Schedule.
Bulk Trash Service Requirements
A solid waste account with the city of Buckeye is required for each household located within the corporate city limits.
City staff work hard to help keep Buckeye clean, including educational reviews to ensure trash storage follows local health laws. We need your help to ensure service is not interrupted, by keeping unaccepted items out of the bulk trash pile. Unacceptable items include:
- Household Hazardous Waste (paint, chemicals, oil, batteries)**
- Infectious or medical solid waste, sharps (needles), and medicines
- Automobile parts or metal over fifty (50) pounds
- Tires (take to county transfer station)
- Glass (windows, shower doors, patio doors, mirrors, etc...any glass that is not boxed)
- Bricks, concrete, dirt, rocks, asphalt, roofing or similar materials
- Whole or un-bundled* bushes or trees, or loose grass and clippings
*bundled means stacked and tied
Download a detailed flyer on the city's trash, recycling, household hazardous waste, and bulk trash collection services.
For more information, please call 623-349-6100.
Have More Trash Than Will Fit in a 6’ x 6’ x 6’ Space?
If your bulk trash exceeds the allowable dimensions, you are responsible for disposing of the extra bulk waste.
Landfill: Buckeye residents receive a special rate at the landfill located on the east side of State Road Hwy 85 at 24427 S State Road 85, Buckeye, AZ 85326. There is a minimum fee of $10.30, which covers the first 600 pounds. Additional weight may incur an additional charge. Remember to bring your Trash Service bill to show proof of residency and a current trash service account.
Self Scheduled Collection: Buckeye residents may contact Republic Services directly to set up collection of bulk trash at your house. The cost for this service is $145.00 and is paid to Republic Services. Call 602-455-3353 for more information and/or to schedule this service.
To Report Missed Collection
- Monday through Thursday, please call 623-349-6100
- Friday, please contact Republic Services at 602-442-5980
- Place bulk trash at the front of your property as early as the weekend before collection, but no later than 5:30 a.m. on your collection day.
- Collection occurs from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Follow these links to learn more useful information about Solid Waste and Recycling services: