Please note: Recycling requirements have been adapting to meet global market changes. Thank you for your patience as we work with Republic Services and adjust to global market needs for recyclable materials. Please see this youtube video for more information: https://youtu.be/NK20t11He14
City of Buckeye residents receive residential curbside pick-up service two times per week. Once for trash pick-up and the other for recycling pick-up. Recycling is at no additional cost and is part of your monthly trash service fee.
Recycling Cart Service Requirements
Every residence within Buckeye's corporate city limits must have a solid waste account.
How to properly recycle (from Republic Services): https://recyclingsimplified.com/
Not sure what items are recyclable following the holidays? Check out this quick and convenient list.
How to place your recycling cart:
- Place your container on the street (not on the sidewalk) by 5:30 a.m. on your collection day
- Place container in front of your house with the wheels adjacent to the curb. (Verrado residents may have designated collection pads.)
- If you do not have a sidewalk in front of your home, place the cart within two feet (2') of the pavement or roadway
- Container should be more than five feet (5') away from any fixed object (poles, mailboxes, etc.) and should not interfere with pedestrians, bicyclists, equestrians or motorists
- In-Ground cans:
- In-ground service includes City authorized staff pulling and returning the trash and recycle cans.
- Residents own and maintain the containers and all associated structures.
Download a detailed service flyer for more information or call 623-349-6100.
Recycling helps reduce our use of natural resources and extends the life of our landfill. Help us continue our sustainability path by learning how you can “Do More Blue.”
What to recycle
To help make your recycling count, only recycle clean material, and only recycle these items:
glass bottles, plastic bottles and containers, aluminum and metal cans, whole paper, cardboard, and cartons.
To Report Broken/Missing Recycle Cart
- Missing recycle carts require a non-emergency police report number to be replaced. Please call the non-emergency line at 623-349-6499, Monday through Thursday
- For a broken lid, wheel or cart, please call 623-349-6100, Monday through Thursday
- Or schedule your own repair service.
To Report a Broken Cart
- Call 623-349-6100
To Report Missed Collection
- Monday through Thursday, please call 623-349-6100
- Friday, contact Republic Services at 602-442-5980
- Place container at your curb by 5:30 a.m. on your collection day
- Collection occurs from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m
Follow these links to learn more useful information about Solid Waste and Recycling services: