Due to regional COVID-19 virus precautions, household hazardous waste drop off
is POSTPONED until further notice.
Residents with a current, City of Buckeye solid waste account may schedule to drop-off household hazardous waste* at the Public Works office located at 23454 MC 85, Buckeye, AZ 85326.
Call Public Works at (623) 349-6802 or (623) 349-6821 to schedule a drop off.
Click this link to obtain the residential Household Hazardous Waste release form, and bring the completed form when dropping off your waste.
- Used Cooking Oil
- Pool Chemicals
- Automotive Fluids (Up to 5 gallons - check with local auto parts stores first as they accept oils and anti-freezes)
- Electronics (anything with an integrated battery: computers, cell phones, etc...)
- Fluorescent Bulbs (Lowe's also accepts these items)
NOTE: all materials must be in sealed containers - OPEN CONTAINERS WILL BE REJECTED
Items NOT Accepted:
- Dirt or Construction Debris
- Medical Waste/Needles
- Nuclear Waste
- Tires (Maricopa County Transfer Stations accept residential tires)
- Hassayampa Transfer Station, 32450 W. Salome Highway
- Rainbow Valley Transfer Station, 17795 S. Rainbow Valley Road
*Proof of current City of Buckeye solid waste account required. If you are a resident of unincorporated Maricopa County, call (602) 276-7602 for household hazardous waste information.
Download a flyer containing information on the city's trash, recycling, household hazardous waste, landfill, and bulk pick-up services for residential customers.
*The City reserves the right to deny drop off of any material believed to be generated from a business activity, or to be in quantity or characteristic, too hazardous for staff to handle.