The Water Resources Department provides irrigating services to select areas of the city as authorized by city council through adopted Resolution RES 8-78.
The irrigation water is received from two sources, Buckeye Water Conservation and Drainage District and Roosevelt Irrigation District. Homes to the south of the Southern Pacific Railroad are serviced with water from Buckeye Water Conservation and homes to the north of Baseline Road in the Valencia subdivision are serviced with water from the Roosevelt Irrigation District.
The Following Variables May Affect Delivery Times and Dates
- The delivery schedule of the canal company and its ability to provide water in the canal system
- System capacity (pressure and low capability of pipes)
- The number of active accounts in each subdivision
- Equipment or system tampering
- Main breaks that force the system to be shut down for repair
- Line condition (pipes plugged with roots or debris)
Helpful Tips for a Complete Irrigation of Your Property
It is the responsibility of the home owner to ensure the property is ready to receive and retain irrigation water. Look for any obstructions or resistance to flow. Fill in low spots in berms and grade the property as needed. Ensure water cannot enter any structures, nearby properties or streets.
- Pets must have refuge from the area to be irrigated
- Trim grass to less than six inches to allow sufficient monitoring of the flow and depth of water
- Remove items from the yard that may be damaged by water such as holiday decorations or items that pose a safety hazard to the irrigator
- Provide clear access to the irrigation valve. Please ensure the area behind any walls or fences (near the irrigation valve) is kept free of debris.
- The city is not responsible for any damages incurred if the property is not ready to accept irrigation.
Please note: The city of Buckeye does not provide flood irrigation services on weekends. Operating hours are Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
If you have questions related to your flood irrigation service, please contact the Water Resources Department directly at 623-349-6100, Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
For billing inquiries, please call our Utility Billing Division at 623-349-6100, Monday through Thursday, from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
2018 Dry-up Schedule
BID and RID will take place in November 2018 - dates TBD
If you have any questions, please call 623-349-6100.