2019 Dry Up
Every year it is necessary for the RID and BID Staff to dry up the canals to do routine maintenance to keep the system running as efficiently as possible for the upcoming year. The City will not be delivering water during these dates. Contact customer service at 623-349-6100 if you have questions about your irrigation service.
RID Dry Up Schedule November 11 through November 22, 2019
The last day for delivery prior to the dry up is November 8, 2019, with all water being cut off at 6:00 p.m. Delivery will resume on November 25, 2019.
BID Dry Up Schedule November 8 through November 24, 2019
After the dry up, winter service (one time every three weeks) for these customers will resume on December 2, 2019.
The Water Resources Department provides irrigating services to select areas of the city. The irrigation water is received from two sources, Buckeye Water Conservation and Drainage District and Roosevelt Irrigation District. Homes to the south of the Southern Pacific Railroad are serviced with water from Buckeye Water Conservation and homes to the north of Baseline Road in the Valencia subdivision are serviced with water from the Roosevelt Irrigation District.
The Following Variables May Affect Delivery Times and Dates
- Canal company schedule and ability to provide water
- System capacity (pressure and capability of pipes)
- The number of active accounts in each subdivision
- Equipment tampering
- Main breaks or other repairs
- Line condition (pipes plugged with roots or debris)
Helpful Tips for a Complete Irrigation of Your Property
It is the responsibility of the home owner to ensure the property is ready to receive and retain irrigation water. The city is not responsible for any damages incurred if the property is not ready to accept irrigation.
- Pets must have refuge from the area to be irrigated.
- Trim grass to less than six inches to allow sufficient monitoring of the flow and depth.
- Remove items from the yard that may be damaged by water or pose a safety hazard.
- Provide clear access, free from debris, to the irrigation valve.
- Fill in low spots in berms and remove items of resistance to flow.
Please note: The city of Buckeye does not provide flood irrigation service on weekends.
If you have questions related to your flood irrigation service or billing please contact the Water Resources Department directly during regular business hours Monday through Thursday, from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Water Resources Customer Service, Utility Billing and After Hours Emergencies: 623-349-6100.