Buckeye’s Water Resources regularly treats its sewer system for pests as part of our ongoing maintenance and preventative program. We do not treat privately owned sewer systems (like your home) or any part of the storm drain system.
If insects have entered your home, we strongly encouraged you contact a private pest control company. Most pests are attracted to food and water, so eliminating these sources in and around your home is the first step towards a pest free home.
- Make sure that all drains in your home are used at least once per week.
- Regular use of your home’s entire plumbing system helps maintains a water barrier in the P-trap (the U-shaped pipe underneath each sink and fixture).
- This will also prevent pests that may be in the line from entering your home through the plumbing.
- If you are experiencing a problem with pests, you can also pour one cup of household bleach down each drain in your home.
- This will flush out any pests in your sewer pipes and also make the water in the P-traps undrinkable for them.