For More Information on Conserving Water
- How to Read Your Meter
- Water Use Calculator
- Landscape Watering by the Numbers
- Landscape Plants for the Arizona Desert
- Interactive Plant Watering Guide
- Interactive Lawn Watering Guide
- Water Conservation Tips for Arizona Residents
- WaterSense – Fix a Leak
- Understanding Water Use and Your Bill
- Water Saving Tips
- Low Water Use Drought Tolerant Plant List
- Water Saving Devices
- Water Saving Opportunities in and Around the Home
- Residential Conservation Information
Here's How We Can Help
Call 623-349-6145 to speak with someone about conservation.
For billing questions please call 623-349-6100.
Some of the Recommended Water Conservation Habit Changes Include...
- Reducing discretionary outdoor water uses such as car, patio, sidewalk or driveway washing
- Reducing evaporation losses by avoiding landscape watering during the heat of the day
- Using smart irrigation controllers to avoid overwatering
- Adjusting sprinklers to reduce overspray and run-off into streets
- Selectively replacing turf with xeriscape or lower water-use landscaping
- Discouraging winter over-seeding
- Using pool covers to reduce evaporation
- Limiting showers to 5 minutes or less
- Washing only full loads of laundry or dishes
Do It Yourself Landscape Guide
The “Do it Yourself” Landscape Guide” (ADWR, 2006) provides color photographs, landscape and irrigation design plans, and a recommended plant list for 18 different landscape plans for single-family homes. The landscape plans provide a variety of options, ranging from xeriscape to turf areas, to meet individual needs and preferences.
The Arizona Municipal Water Users Association (AMWUA) is a voluntary non-profit corporation established by municipalities in Maricopa County for the development of urban water resources policy. AMWUA offers free online resources regarding lanscaping, xeriscape and plant selection to its members and the general public.
For more information, please visit their website at www.amwua.org.